HELPING YOU ACHIEVE SUCCESS
The CIC uses a unique process to identify potential business innovators.
Our program is based on methods developed in conjunction with the 5thT program, and its community economic development partners. CIC will help innovators evaluate the commercial or licensing potential of their idea or business. CIC will aid in preliminary assessments of commercial viability, risk evaluation, prototype and modeling of development costs over a six to twelve month timeframe.
Innovation may follow several paths to commercialization. We understand and value the idea that it is not the goal of every inventor to form a company or participate in the commercialization of their invention or product. We work closely with key stakeholders to develop successful strategies for a range of scenarios to ensure the innovator has the opportunity to find success. Possible strategies include helping form partnerships or creating a de novo company.
CIC in the News
March 6, 2015 - Horry Independent - Startup Weekend EDU: Horry County, SC
January 22, 2015 - Horry Independent - Conway Innovation Center stands ready to grow local businesses
January 22, 2015 - Coastal News - Conway Innovation Center open for business
January 21, 2015 - WBTW News 13 - New tech incubator aims to create jobs, companies in Conway
January 20, 2015 - MyrtleBeachOnline - Conway Innovation Center hits the ground running
- Feather raises $3.5M to rent furniture to millennials October 19, 2017
- Swedish lock giant Assa Abloy acquires August Home October 19, 2017
- London-based on-demand delivery startup Jinn shutters October 19, 2017
- Hiya, a Whitepages spinout, nabs $18M to for its smart caller ID technology October 19, 2017
- European house removals platform Movinga raises up to another €22M October 19, 2017