HELPING YOU ACHIEVE SUCCESS
The CIC uses a unique process to identify potential business innovators.
Our program is based on methods developed in conjunction with the 5thT program, and its community economic development partners. CIC will help innovators evaluate the commercial or licensing potential of their idea or business. CIC will aid in preliminary assessments of commercial viability, risk evaluation, prototype and modeling of development costs over a six to twelve month timeframe.
Innovation may follow several paths to commercialization. We understand and value the idea that it is not the goal of every inventor to form a company or participate in the commercialization of their invention or product. We work closely with key stakeholders to develop successful strategies for a range of scenarios to ensure the innovator has the opportunity to find success. Possible strategies include helping form partnerships or creating a de novo company.
Free Business Seminars
Current Seminars are postponed until further notice. Join our email list for updates on this series.
Join our Email List
CIC in the News
March 6, 2015 - Horry Independent - Startup Weekend EDU: Horry County, SC
January 22, 2015 - Horry Independent - Conway Innovation Center stands ready to grow local businesses
January 22, 2015 - Coastal News - Conway Innovation Center open for business
January 21, 2015 - WBTW News 13 - New tech incubator aims to create jobs, companies in Conway
January 20, 2015 - MyrtleBeachOnline - Conway Innovation Center hits the ground running
- Biotech holding company Roivant Sciences raised $200M in funding at a whopping $7B valuation November 14, 2018
- Prolific swatter and bomb hoaxer who broke up FCC’s net neutrality vote pleads guilty November 14, 2018
- Skincare startup Heyday raises $8M November 14, 2018
- Meet the Magecart hackers, a persistent credit card skimmer group of groups you’ve never heard of November 13, 2018
- This $199 PS4 and ‘Spider-Man’ Black Friday bundle has my bargain-sense tingling November 13, 2018